Thursday 6 December 2007

Victor Ntsosa Tsuai: 1954- 2000

Victor Tsuai is my late father. He was a scribe par excellence and I don't want his legacy to die. I created this blog to ensure that I write and carry the penning torch he lit years ago. I am hopeful that I will do this to the best of my ability.
In future I hope to publish some of his articles which appeared in the various newspapers.

Below are extracts from Victor Tsuai's orbituary.


The late Victor Ntsosa Tsuai was born in rural Coligny in the Northwest Province, South Africa on 06 April 1954 and passed away on 14 December 2000. His family later moved to Randfontein, West Rand, where he attended his primary and secondary education. There being no high school in Randfontein, Victor had to pursue matric at Orlando High School. It was here at Orlando High where the journalism bug showed in him.

After Matric he became a freelance journalist for The World newspaper. He was permanently employed by The Post after The World went defunct. The following are the newspapers and magazines which Victor served unselfishly and with dedication: Daily Mail (1977), Pace (1980), Drum (1983), New Nation (1988) and Sowetan (1990).

The year 1997 saw Victor serving City Press as a Sports Editor. It was here at City Press that his health gradually deteriorated. He was on and off in hospital till he met his untimely death (called to serve in the highest world).

Rest in Peace

3 comments:

sala said...

It is good that you are following exactly in his footsteps, in that way his legacy will never die. I must say I believe it only helps your character when you know where you come from . All the best in your endeavours to keep your father's legacy alive.

Sala

Kelebogile said...

Hi Thando
My name is Kelebogile. I saw this website on Sunday 12 July when I thought of my father and how I dont have any contact with his loved ones. I guess i just neeeded closure in some way. So the only thing left for me to do was to google him, i guess GOD was looking down on me. Because when I did this your web page came up.

I know yoou are a bit puzzled. Well I am Victor Tsuai's daughter who has been yearning for something like this. Thank you so much for doing this.

I really hope that I get some form of contact with you because when I try to e-mail you the link does not go thruogh. Anyway my e-mail address is palma@tuks.co.za

I am really looking forward to chatting to you.

Bye

Amos Mananyetso said...

Hello Thando. I’m coming across your blog for the first time. Bra Vic was my sports editor at CP when I was very junior. I hope you’re keeping well.