Wednesday 16 December 2009

Loud music drives me mad

It seems loud music and booze are the only means to celebrate?
Today is Reconciliation Day, and as far as I can remember it’s a holiday that everyone looks forward to. Everyone plans ahead for this day. People put money together and go out on trips, get together to buy meat, alcohol and play their music unbearably loud.

The air is thick with the smell of braai meat; loud music can be heard in every street; neighbours are playing their music loud as if to compete with one another while they drink themselves numb.

I doubt if tonight we are going to sleep peacefully with all the loud music. Sometimes I don’t blame the blacks who, once they get an opportunity to, immediately move out of the township to buy houses in the suburbs. They have had enough of neighbours who are not considerate of others.

I don’t care when people braai their vleis and drink their liquor and have fun in their backyards, as long as they don’t make noise for the rest of us. Why is it that when they enjoy they do so at our inconvenience. If they want loud music they should go to the disco or club.

When I enter the comfort of my home I expect that peace and quiet that can only come from my own home. But unfortunately I cannot enjoy that because when people party, they don’t care whether or not they cause a nuisance to others. What is to be done?

2 comments:

sala said...

Hi Thando,

sorry to hear that about you.

Unfortunately I am one of those people who play music very loud.I do not see a point in playing dance (jive) music soft, how do you jive to soft music? i love go jiva so the music must move me off my chair.

Guess you wouldnt succeed as my neighbour, cause I do not need a public holiday gore ke jive.

Anyway to try and help out, you could sound proof your walls,he he he!

Seriously now, when I do not want to hear my neibours music 1.I lock my doors and sit in a room that is removed from where the sound comes from.

2.Plan your holidays to be away from home, it doesnt have to be costly...do ur research

3.Have a party as well, just make sure u have a very good sound system.

Sala

Anonymous said...

Thando, I'm with you on this one. People have little regard for their neighbors.

Sala, if have to be loud, go have a party at a public venue, not neighborhood.