Wednesday 4 February 2009

Journalism is for me

On Friday last week I quit my job as a public servant in the Gauteng public works department to take up the City Press Percy Qoboza Scholarship that I was offered after I applied and was interviewed.

I will be doing a Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism and Media Studies at Rhodes University this year and next year I will be working as an intern at the City Press. Thereafter the sky is the limit.

From Tuesday I have been coming to Media Park to get a feel of the newsroom and how reporters and journalists work.

Today we went to the printers, Paarl Gravure and the distributors, NND24 to get an idea of what happens to a publication from the time it leaves the offices of the newspaper until it reaches the reader.

On Saturday I'll be leaving for Rhodes University in Grahamstown. I love this career and I want to work as a reporter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see you are so enthusiastic! Looking forward to meeting you here at Rhodes.

Jolandi
Rhodes School of Journalism and Media Studies
Marketing and Alumni Officer